How Peikko could improve their support towards architects and engineers
Starting point — Over thousand files
Peikko offered hundreds of Revit models and over a thousand CAD files to help designers’ work. The content was distributed through Peikko.com
The Problem — Keeping content up to date
- Manually maintained block libraries were hardly ever up to date. Peikko faced several cases where project had been designed using products that were no longer manufactured.
- Other issue was the lack of product data. CAD blocks didn’t contain any information except main dimensions. No actual information required for best possible product selection.
The Goal — Managing and distributing content centrally
- Manage and distribute CAD and BIM content centrally
- To ensure that designers have always the latest products in use and information to choose them.
- Get information of actual usage, to support future product and content development.
The solution — A product information platform
Peikko decided to start developing content distribution in collaboration with ProdLib. The Peikko product library in ProdLib was created together and published in 1.10.2014.
Today — Years of successful content sharing
Today Peikko distributes design content for thousands of engineers through ProdLib. The library consists of CAD files, Revit and Archicad objects + pdf content.
During 2018, already over 65.000 products or product details from Peikko had been inserted to projects using ProdLib.
Main benefits for Peikko — Effective and reliable content sharing
- Designers have the latest products easily available - not only 2D or 3D items, but also product information.
- Content sharing and updating is flexible
- Possibility to use both online and offline
Main benefits for designers
- Single source to find product information, CAD and BIM content + additional technical information.
- Single installation to get content from multiple manufacturers
- Security and knowledge that the latest products and technical details are always in use